Talk

Advanced search

Did I mess up my degree? UCL

(4 Posts)
beepsheep Fri 08-Jun-18 17:46:37

Hi everyone, I just completed my final year at UCL but am really anxious about my overall degree classification despite having done well in every module bar one. I was able to maintain an average of 69 this year, however, I completely BLEW one exam despite having revised more than sufficently (I was gutted because I really could have aced it). I was basically an idiot, in the exam when I looked up at the clock I thought an hour had passed but it had only been 30 mins so I rushed it and went on to the 2nd essay question. God knows why but I then kept picking questions that I had not prepared for. All in all I wasted about an hour and wrote 6 pointless pages. The exam was worth 50%, but luckily I achieved a grade of 73% in the essay (also worth 50%). My question is if I have failed the module am I unlikely to receive an honours? My supervisor just informed she thought my dissertation was great and that we should work on it and send it to a journal. I'm really worried. Thanks in advance.

OP’s posts: |
titchy Fri 08-Jun-18 19:58:49

Only if you get less than 7% for the exam. It can't have been that bad surely?!

Cadencia Fri 08-Jun-18 20:02:39

Titchy it may not be a straight average - there may be a minimum required score in the exam to gain a pass overall.

OP, do you know how your uni calculates your degree classification? At some unis you are allowed to exclude your worst module. Is there anyone you can contact to ask - your personal tutor or similar?

UnimaginativeUsername Fri 08-Jun-18 20:06:35

This explains how UCL calculate your degree classification.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »