Advanced search

Uni fees and funding

(4 Posts)
Zoerebeccax Sun 29-Apr-18 18:56:39

I need some help! I’ve enrolled into OU. Have sent of my finance application but I was just wondering if there was anyone out there in the same position as me that could give me an idea of what I’m entitled to. I will be doing full time study, 120 credits per year.
I live alone, private renting, earn £16.5k per year, no children will be working full time as well as studying for my degree. I don’t believe I’m entitled to a special support grant or bursary but I’m hoping I will get help with a maintenance loan and/or a learning grant. Many thanks in advance smile

OP’s posts: |
titchy Sun 29-Apr-18 19:27:30

Nothing with the OU I'm afraid. All their courses are classified as part time and distance learning which makes them ineligible for maintenance (will change in a couple of years though).

Zoerebeccax Sun 29-Apr-18 19:39:22

I’m in Wales I forgot to mention so we get maintenance loans, grants and bursaries even for distance learning x

OP’s posts: |
titchy Sun 29-Apr-18 19:50:11

Ah that makes a difference! I assume you checked the website....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »