Talk

Advanced search

Help please! MSc interview

(3 Posts)
toomuchicecream Sat 10-Feb-18 12:31:46

Beyond the usual about why do you want to do this course and what do you want to get out of it, can anyone suggest possible questions I should prepare answers for? I'm ready to talk about my professional experience and why it makes me an ideal applicant, but I'd hate to be missing something obvious. Am also compiling list of questions for them, but beyond a couple of practical ones (topics of prior students dissertation? Level of subject knowledge required?) is there anything obvious I'm missing?? Graduated nearly 30 years ago so I'm like a fish out of water!! Thanks

Serin Sat 10-Feb-18 16:09:21

They might ask how will you plan to fit the work load into your life if you are doing the course part time and working as well. Also if it is a work related course they might ask how you feel it will help you to develop your career.

I would want to know;
If they have any bursaries or grants that could assist with funding.
If they could guarantee that particular modules will be running...sometimes they get cancelled at short notice if staff move on etc.
What the drop out rate is.
How experienced the staff are.
Where and how the teaching will be delivered.

Good luck.

toomuchicecream Sat 10-Feb-18 17:44:38

Thank you - really useful. Will add your questions to my list 😄

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: