Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Worried re DDs predicted grades and UCAS

(9 Posts)
cobhamhall Tue 10-Oct-17 12:54:24

My DD has been predicted AAB but wants to study Law;min requirement AAA.She's absolutely distraught.What can i say/write to the school to 'up' her English A'level?

ForeverBubblegum Tue 10-Oct-17 13:03:31

You can't say/do anything but she might be able to. At this stage there seen as adults so mum steaming in will do her no favours. She needs to talk to the tutor and convince them that she is 100% committed to put the work in and improve the grade.

LIZS Tue 10-Oct-17 13:09:30

Has she applied yet? Not all Law courses would require 3 A grades, so maybe apply for 1 or 2 which would, 1 or 2 more realistic based on her predictions and a slightly lower one.

titchy Tue 10-Oct-17 13:09:41

She can and should still apply for Law. AAB will get her decent offers - even at AAA places. Distraught is somewhat of an over-reaction, though understandable.

McSleepy Tue 10-Oct-17 13:10:36

She will be able to study law she just maybe needs to look at different universities! Can you look up which universities will accept her predicted grades and try and get her excited about those?

RubyMyrtle Tue 10-Oct-17 13:17:56

Talk to her teachers about what she needs to do to get the grade bumped up. We did, it got dd the offers she needed and she did get the required grade. Or tell her to prove them wrong, hope she gets AAA & apply next year.

MyDcAreMarvel Tue 10-Oct-17 13:23:12

Why does she want to study law? Does she have an idea what she wants to do?

rightsofwomen Tue 10-Oct-17 13:27:03

you shouldn't do anything, you could suggest your DD talk to her English tutors and find out what she needs to do to bump up her grade.

My DS got a lower than desired estimated grade in one A level. He re-sat his mock and the grade improved. I was informed of all this, but DS did all the communicating.

cobhamhall Tue 10-Oct-17 15:34:48

Thank you.Will have a talk with her and see what she would like to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now