Talk

Advanced search

Remark repayment

(17 Posts)
sadusername2 Tue 12-Sep-17 13:20:15

Dd had both papers in one subject remarked. One paper went up and one didn't however it was by enough to take her up a grade. My question is, can I reclaim the money for both papers or only the one that went up.

OP’s posts: |
chemenger Tue 12-Sep-17 13:36:14

Probably better in Secondary Education, since this is presumably a school exam.

sadusername2 Tue 12-Sep-17 13:52:23

Thanks. Will repost in secondary education. As it was post A levels I suspected lots of parents might have migrated over.

RedHelenB Tue 12-Sep-17 23:41:21

No refund if the overall grade didn't go up I'm afraid

RedHelenB Tue 12-Sep-17 23:42:08

Sorry didn't read properly. I think you should get all your money back.

Bintang Tue 12-Sep-17 23:44:33

AFAIAA, if the overall grade goes up, you'll get your charge back.

hugoagogo Wed 13-Sep-17 07:30:34

The sixth form just never cashed my cheque when ds's mark changed.
His A level grade didn't change; just that paper.
So I would hope you would get your money back for the paper that changed.

sadusername2 Wed 13-Sep-17 19:21:44

I spoke to school today to arrange repayment. They said I will get back for both pApers even though only one changed as the goal had gone up overall.

Bintang Wed 13-Sep-17 22:42:26

That's great news!
Congratulations to your DD smile

sadusername2 Thu 14-Sep-17 09:18:57

It is welcome news, both grade change and refund. But I do feel for parents who can't afford it or don't even know about it. Without Mumsnet I would have no idea that remarks were available or that they could go up by so much. She gained an additional 10 marks!

ILoveScrabble Thu 14-Sep-17 09:51:53

Your DD must be delighted 😁

RedHelenB Thu 14-Sep-17 16:33:19

School have just written to ask if they can put dd2s eng lit GCSE in for a remark.out the blue at their cost.

sadusername2 Thu 14-Sep-17 19:20:39

Thanks Bintang and Scrabble . She's pleased though her first choice took her anyway. I dread to think if they hadn't. And the wait.....

sadusername2 Thu 14-Sep-17 19:24:50

Redhelen sounds great. I wonder why? Was it Edexcel? I think they can download the papers for free so might have spotted anomalies.

TheMightyMing Thu 14-Sep-17 23:36:26

I'm toying with having two papers marked one for economics and one English lit aqa, 5 and 8 marks off the next grade up but can't remember which way round? Lot of money though- £84.00. The exam officer at school said a few marks had gone up.

RedHelenB Fri 15-Sep-17 08:18:50

It was Welsh board so I think it more likely that her mark was near an 8. I'm going into school today to see about her language though as she got a 6 in that whereas she felt she'd done as well.as usual and usually got at least a 7.

whiteroseredrose Sun 17-Sep-17 17:19:00

DS's AS Level was remarked as we could see that one question hadn't been marked. Went up by 10 UMS but not a grade. Does that mean I'll not get a refund??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »