Open university

(2 Posts)
valiant1 Sat 22-Jul-17 20:45:23

Hi I'm a full time carer for my husband. I have six children youngest daughter is 18mths I want to go to uni and do a teaching assistant level 4. Question is will I still get carers allowance and income support on a part time distance learning courses x

OP’s posts: |
BoomalakkaWee Fri 28-Jul-17 16:49:03

Hi, valiant1 - from my own experience, there shouldn't be any problem or dispute over your continuing to be eligible for Carers Allowance while you study part-time with the OU. I completed an OU degree over seven years while also on CA.

The Income Support side of it I don't know anything about, but if you contact the OU's Student Support service, they should be able to give you up-to-date advice about that.

Best of luck with your course!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in