Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Letter from Student finance about a course that ended 2013

(4 Posts)
oddthing Wed 17-May-17 19:09:18

I got a letter saying I should have received a grant instead of a loan for my last year of University. I only got a student loan for year three.

This ended ages about though and i've been paying the loan off. Why are they telling me 5 years later that I needed to do a PTGN form. I don't even know what that is and can't download it.

Any insights? So confused

rightsaidfrederickII Wed 17-May-17 20:49:26

I haven't heard of this happening before, but it sounds like they want to write off some of your loan? It definitely sounds like it's worth following up on

Becca19962014 Thu 18-May-17 10:25:49

Phone them and confirm.

You need to make sure this letter definitely came from them - there are scams involving student loans.

Lollipopslife17 Sat 03-Jun-17 00:43:42

Good luck with sorting this out. Student finance are highly incompetent. I got a letter thanking me for informing them that i now live outside the Uk lollll it was a bit funny at the time until I called them to say i never moved out of the UK & that I have never called them to say that. they said it was an error & I said I want a letter stating it was an error etc.

Guess what?

I got a letter saying thank u for informing us that you are back in d country. & then another letter stating the same thing. I called to say I have not moved out of the uk
Then I got another letter asking me to fill a form about when (date) I returned to the Uk.

I lost it. So I took d form crossed every single page,
Wrote in capital letters- do not contact me ever again. I never told SFE that I left the uk. U re highly incompetent & posted it back to them.

My boyfriend said that's was a bit extreme. But I was fraustrated. approaching the situation in a civil gentle manner by writing & calling because they obviously can't read & understand so I tried the mad, fraustrated woman's approach

I haven't heard from them since then.

May I also add that my funding was once approved & maintenance paid DSA paid etc (I had sent all my original documents at their request etc) only for them to turn around & say the money was paid in error that I should pay it back😱😱😱 still fighting that particular situation 7 years on😫😩😤😠😣

Student finance- they are very very incompetent & USELESS👎👎👎

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now