Talk

Advanced search

Help - having a crisis with Game theory

(5 Posts)
Isthiscorrect Tue 11-Apr-17 19:05:33

Hi,
Does anyone know someone in London, idieally who could help my Ds regarding a module including game theory. He is in his third and final year and if he doesn't get a good grade (2:1) for this module his overall grade will drop to a 2:2.
He has spoken to the lecturer for more help but Ds is struggling to understand the post grad who teaches the course. Any ideas for finding some he can speak to or a tutor he can pay for? Not much joy from the uni, sadly.
The situation is begging to cause him some anxiety and given he has tri d a number of options already he asked if I could find someone to help. Thanks.

scaryteacher Wed 12-Apr-17 00:00:23

I think there's a Very Short Introduction book for Game Theory. These are usually very good, and ds has used a couple for background for his degree.

ttlshiwwya Wed 12-Apr-17 09:50:50

Presume he's tried the PhD students at his own uni - this might be one of their specialities and they'd be willing to help for some cash. Or a neighbouring unis PhD students?

How about someone in his class? I had a super smart guy in my class who'd help you out in return for a bottle of vodka.

Remember Game Theory myself - great once you get it.

Clavinova Wed 12-Apr-17 11:23:18

This guy/tutoring agency?
tavistocktutors.com/tutors/killian

Online videos/lectures on YouTube?

Isthiscorrect Wed 12-Apr-17 14:40:01

Thanks.it appears most of his group don't get it. He has been to see the lecturer and still none the wiser, very impatient person with a difficult accent. He is looking around at uni but nothing so far. Will suggest the Intro to books, he has some of these already. And yep to finding a tutor, thanks for the link.
And ttlshiwwya, let's hope he gets it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now