Talk

Advanced search

Dance degree - Bournemouth arts or Chichester

(4 Posts)
baldisbeautiful Wed 15-Mar-17 16:13:29

Hi. DD has unconditional offers from both Bournemouth arts uni and Chichester to do her dance degree. She is struggling to choose between them. Chi has a very established dept and course seems fab. But she's worried life might be a little dull there. Bournemouth has a brand new dept (degree only in second year at the mo) but she got a good feel for the college whilst there and really fancies living in Bournemouth for the student life. Anyone have any experience of either of these places that I can pass on to her to help her make a decision? Thanks x

Dreadfulidea Wed 15-Mar-17 20:30:36

I know a few students at Chi and I'm afraid the consensus is it is a bit dull. It's got nice pubs and a small band scene but no nightclubs. Portsmouth is close but there's no direct train.It's still quite rural.

PetalMettle Sun 19-Mar-17 23:00:17

My niece is at Bournemouth arts (not doing dance) and is really enjoying it. I think it's a great place to be a student.
Also places to work round there when she graduates if she doesn't want to move

AlexanderHamilton Sun 19-Mar-17 23:02:00

What is her aim?

Chichester markets itself as more of a performers course. Most other unis tend to prepare their graduates for teaching or arts admin or other dance related jobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now