Talk

Advanced search

Crazy dreams of teaching

(3 Posts)
Mrssunhine1111 Tue 14-Mar-17 09:43:17

Hi all this is my first ever post, I am hoping that I might find someone who has been in a similar situation. My youngest starts school next year. I have a good job currently and well paidish. I have always wanted to be a primary school teacher. I don't really like my job after being there for almost 20years I doubt that will change soon. My oh has said it would be ok for me to change direction and look into becoming a TA when the youngest goes to school due to drop in earnings. I am concerned about how the drop in earnings would effect us. (I don't want my pipe dreams effecting us as a family) Also I really want to train to become a teacher. (I do not have a degree) Due to oh earnings I presume I would not qualify for any help and due to outgoings there is no money to pay for courses. Has anyone ever been in this position?
Thank you 😊

MistyMeena Tue 14-Mar-17 09:51:25

I would definitely suggest working as a classroom TA before committing to teacher training.

Unfortunately teaching is about the most family-unfriendly job you can have 🙁

Ex-primary teacher here!

Iamcoolok Fri 17-Mar-17 17:17:56

yeah if your concerned about your family time being effected (time is money) I would look into how much work you are expected to outside of work as well, im not a teacher myself but lesson plans for a whole day and marking work for a class of around 30 must take some time in the evenings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now