Talk

Advanced search

applying for student loans

(15 Posts)
RedHelenB Thu 16-Feb-17 13:31:28

Just wondering if anyone who has already been through this could say what paperwork is needed. Presumably pay slips but what else?

FriedSprout Thu 16-Feb-17 14:05:29

link to Government web site that I think covers all required smile

link

RedHelenB Thu 16-Feb-17 14:56:39

Thank you. Im tidying up and didnt want to accidentally "file" anything I might need!

Wandaback Thu 16-Feb-17 16:28:23

We never had to provide anything, just entered the amounts online.
However we were subject to an "audit check" this year six months after we gave the details and after 3 years of loans to DS.
They wanted payslips, bank statements etc. Luckily I never throw anything away had all the details and they just confirmed the loan was ok.

Millipedewithherfeetup Thu 16-Feb-17 18:24:26

P60,s but make sure you send the correct year !, i sent the wrong ones for myself and dh, it was a frightful experience trying to sort it out, fortunately it did not hold up the funding, but it was a really worrying couple of weeks !, so check and check agajn before you post!

nickynoo65 Tue 28-Feb-17 15:30:00

OK new to this so please bear with me. When filling out household income to support a student application, does myself and hubby have to put interest earned from UK banks on both our applications if we have a joint account or just one.? Its a bit confusing.

rightsofwomen Tue 28-Feb-17 15:32:38

Oh god, I am in denial about this.
Will one of you lovely lot just do it for me?
I'll get you a coffee and bun.

Millipedewithherfeetup Tue 28-Feb-17 16:44:58

Nicky, i am not 100%sure, but guessing it would just be one of you that declares, there is a number you can call to ask, should be in tge site.

Millipedewithherfeetup Tue 28-Feb-17 16:47:35

Rightsofwomen grin, it's scary but do-able, if myself and dh can do it then anyone can grin

nickynoo65 Tue 28-Feb-17 17:37:37

Milli, many thanks I have rang and for anyone else yes you need to put onto both applications. Just done that and submitted. Not hard if you have all the info smile

RockyRoadster Tue 28-Feb-17 17:44:07

Surely you would put half of the interest on each one, otherwise the income would be double counted?

nickynoo65 Wed 01-Mar-17 16:49:11

Well I rang and asked and was told we had to put it on each. It wasn't much anyway but today son has had an email telling him its been approved and how much he will get, Less than 24 hours. Now he just needs to get the grades hmm

marymoocow Fri 03-Mar-17 21:17:04

Does anyone know when we have to apply for 2nd year? I can't find anything on the website. Thanks smile

Millipedewithherfeetup Fri 03-Mar-17 21:46:49

Last year, round Easter time, you/your dc will be contacted by student finance to apply again, it was easier !

marymoocow Fri 03-Mar-17 22:06:47

Oh good. Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now