Talk

Advanced search

Durham colleges in particular St Cuths

(7 Posts)
strugglingttodecide Tue 25-Oct-16 21:38:56

DD is just about to submit her UCAS form but is unsure which college to apply to at Durham. She is applying for Classics so fancies a Bailey college. She likes the idea of self catering so the only option is St Cut's. However it is only part self catered. Is there a chance a student could apply and end up catered anyway? Also part of me thinks as most colleges are catered that's part of the Durham experience so if you 're thinking of Durham you should go with it. I'd be grateful to hear from anyone with experience. TIA

Cupcakesarah Tue 25-Oct-16 21:41:24

Hi, I'm currently at Cuths in self catered accommodation, so feel free to ask me more questions... Josephine Butler is also self catered, but I'm aware it's further away up the hill.
When accepted she will get a form from
The college where she can state her preference, if she wants self catered, it is most likely that she will get her preference of accommodation.

strugglingttodecide Tue 25-Oct-16 21:50:31

Thank you. Are you in a flat? Do many first years self cater? Do you feel out on a limb not being catered? Are you happy with your choice and the college?

Cupcakesarah Tue 25-Oct-16 22:04:47

Hi, there are blocks of flats of freshers, so there's community of self catered students. I don't feel out on a limb, I've always felt the freedom of being able to eat when and what I want, take a packed lunch out, or eat out and not feel like I'm paying twice for a meal. I am happy with my choice smile

Boogers Tue 25-Oct-16 22:08:43

Hi OP

I've just sent you a PM. Hope it makes sense.

strugglingttodecide Tue 25-Oct-16 22:20:25

Thank you

Boogers Tue 25-Oct-16 22:25:13

If I can answer anything else just say. The bit about college allocation is on the website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now