Talk

Advanced search

Part time MSc advice/experience/tips please

(2 Posts)
2cutiepies Tue 13-Sep-16 13:00:40

Hi I'm starting a part time MSc later this month, looking for any advice/tips/experience please. I work 3 days a week, regular busy home life, 2 teenagers with all that brings, school, activities etc. I'm looking forward to it. TIA

Waitingforsherlock Wed 14-Sep-16 22:30:27

I started a conversion for an MSc earlier this year and completed my first module in August. I would say that if the course stipulates that you will need to spend twenty hours a week studying, you will need to spend that amount of time. I was hoping that the figure was slightly higher than the amount of time I would need, but alas, I was wrong. Assessments will take up lots of time. If you can possibly plan these around school holidays etc this will be really helpful. My assessment was due mid-August but I found that it was really eating into the summer hols so I completed it early by increasing my workload and immersing myself in the work until I'd finished it all.

Are you studying online or attending uni?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now