Talk

Advanced search

Dd gone through clearing & still not got accomodation

(4 Posts)
worriedworker01 Mon 05-Sep-16 08:05:19

Is anyone else in this position?

It's the Univeresity of Leeds. She basically got yet another holding email on Saturday. I know the University is working hard to help all the students. Should we be looking at finding accomodation privately do you think? Or is this to be expected?

We are all getting a bit stressed about it.
Many thanks.

LadyPenelope68 Mon 05-Sep-16 08:11:12

I wouldn't worry too much. If she's gone through clearing then they're probably still allocating as they'll have to wait for firm offers to accept their accommodation place before they know what's still available. There was another thread a few days ago where those going with their firm at Leeds had only just received accommodation allocation, so clearing ones are going to be even later.

worriedworker01 Mon 05-Sep-16 11:04:52

Thanks LadyPenelope, I guess we have to be patient for a bit longer. Dd is getting quite stressed about it. My feeling is that the University is working really hard to place students (the acccomodation office answered the phone after 5 pm on Saturday!) but they are overwhelmed for whatever reason this year.

Decorhate Mon 05-Sep-16 17:17:49

I'm pretty sure Leeds guarantees accommodation for all first years. I know it's a worry but I'm sure it will all work out soon. My dd is at Leeds & was in accommodation with lots of last minute people last year & it worked out really well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now