Contents insurance year 2

(5 Posts)
Millipedewithherfeetup Wed 31-Aug-16 18:26:35

Dd has just asked if she needs contents insurance for her student house, everything was included in halls last year so ive not had any experience of this, has anyone found any good deals for this coming year ? Do they all get individual insurance or buy as a group /house? Many thanks.

OP’s posts: |
bigbluebus Wed 31-Aug-16 19:28:50

Endsleigh specialise in student insurance as a separate policy. I have added DS to our house insurance as an extra option but of course if he puts in a claim it may affect our no claims bonus so a separate policy may be advisable.

Millipedewithherfeetup Wed 31-Aug-16 21:34:44

Have seen endsleigh but they are a but ££ on a student budget.

OP’s posts: |
Millipedewithherfeetup Wed 31-Aug-16 21:35:06

*bit !

OP’s posts: |
bojorojo Wed 31-Aug-16 22:44:26

Lots of companies offer insurance for students and young professionals. It is important to cover lap tops and phones as these are the big ticket items. Everything else is fairly cheap to insure and you are only really doing money and clothes because I assume the house is furnished.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in