Talk

Advanced search

AS level grades : do today's results matter?

(6 Posts)
Sadusername Thu 18-Aug-16 07:30:51

My DD will be going in to get results today. I know they matter to her (and me). But to what extent will universities take them into account? I know some local schools haven't done them so presumably their applications will be judged by predicted grades. Her school will not be entering their students to do them next year. I am taking this as a sign, they aren't really going to count in future.
Overthinking it a bit, as DD has unexpectedly stellar predicted grades (for a child who never even got to sit at the top table in primary school ) at the moment and it would have been great if these were on her UCAS application.

stonecircle Thu 18-Aug-16 09:09:58

Presumably all her subjects are 2 year linear? My ds is doing 2 subjects (maths and electronics) which still follow the old system so the ASs do count for him.

He has done the stand alone physics AS and wants to do physics at uni so it would be odd to ignore whatever he gets for the AS I imagine. But don't know I'm afraid.

LadyPenelope68 Thu 18-Aug-16 09:18:06

With all the changes to some subjects it is quite confusing as to whether some count or not. However, they are certainly important to my son as he has to pass them to be able to stay on and complete his second year at Sixth Form.

stonecircle Thu 18-Aug-16 09:24:25

Oh yes LadyP - there is that!

Good luck to everyone waiting for results. DS can't get his until 10.

Sadusername Thu 18-Aug-16 14:52:32

Well DD has done well, so I am hoping universities will consider them when looking at applications aside from a high C which she is hoping might go up in remark. The Linear AS s went really well, but she hasn't got an actual mark. Will this be available to the school or university or will they just see the grade?

stonecircle Thu 18-Aug-16 15:23:25

Saduser - I was wondering the same thing. We also just have a grade for physics but no mark.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now