Talk

Advanced search

If your child is considering what to study at University, my dd has just informed me that...

(13 Posts)
BertrandRussell Fri 01-Jul-16 12:34:21

.....philosophers have the most sex. Apparently, there has been a survey. And theologians have the least.

She's doing Joint Honors. I daren't ask what that means!

sendsummer Fri 01-Jul-16 19:42:17

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/maths-ability-adds-up-to-long-lasting-sex-life-pjb58kxgp
Always good to consider the longterm added value of a degree.
Bertrand if her joint honours are in mathematics and philosophy then she wins on quantity and longterm prospects.

downright Fri 01-Jul-16 20:02:00

Hahahaha I did Philosophy.

I also had loads of sex.

I think she might be onto something....

gringrin

scaryteacher Fri 01-Jul-16 21:42:24

I did Theology and Philosophy...the amount of sex depended on if dh was at sea or not.

YellowPrimula Fri 01-Jul-16 21:49:33

I did PPE didn't like philosophy but did meet dh and had lots of sexgrin

Numberoneisgone Fri 01-Jul-16 21:50:53

I did Engineering obviously that meant no shortage of men. They had very little sex, I speculate, I had lots. grin

blueskyinmarch Fri 01-Jul-16 21:52:35

My DD is a theology graduate. She seems to have many suitors! I don’t think she is going without.

BackforGood Fri 01-Jul-16 21:58:48

shock Not sure I want to read this....... am currently doing the rounds of university open days with dd looking at philosophy !!!

BertrandRussell Fri 01-Jul-16 23:34:11

grin dd's doing Philosophy and Theology. Obviously I hope that the theology is predominant..............

Noofly Sat 02-Jul-16 09:49:02

DS is only 14 but he's desperately keen to do Philosophy at uni. Oh dear. grin

GoudyStout Sat 02-Jul-16 10:52:15

I remember that Philosophy students at uni only had about 4 hours of lectures a week. They obviously have more time on their hands.

whatwouldrondo Sat 02-Jul-16 12:20:55

That's what happens when you study Nihilism, Life is meaningless, might as well go at it like a rabbit.......wink

whatwouldrondo Sat 02-Jul-16 12:31:12

Theologians however, have so many moral relativities to consider that it is a wonder they dare have it at all. As a historian I have to say sex did not generally work out that well for women in the past , so you would have to conclude it was probably not a "good thing"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now