Advanced search

Student Finance

(3 Posts)
GasLightShining Sat 11-Jun-16 10:51:18

My 21 year old DD is now considering going to university. I thought that parent's income was taken into account for students under 25 but she reckons that as she has worked full time for three years she is classed as being independent.

Please tell me she is right! My DS is starting university in September and I wasn't expecting to support both. I know others have to but their age gap meant it shouldn't have happened

GraysAnalogy Sat 11-Jun-16 14:59:02

Yep, but she will need to prove it in the form of payslips for every month or yearly P60s. she can ring up the Tax Office (or whatever it is) and explain the situation and they usually can send a letter out that has the dates of employment and where which can be used as proof if she hasn't got those.

GasLightShining Sat 11-Jun-16 18:06:08

Thanks - that makes me feel better. Will have the documentation so that won't be a problem.

Starting another round of open days this year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now