Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

unite student accommodation Glasgow

(6 Posts)
Springliketoday Mon 15-Feb-16 23:05:08

I just wondered if anyone had any opinions on them? We're looking at them for next year 2016/7 & have been having a quick search online - the reviews I can find are appalling but are a couple of years old and don't mention Glasgow in particular.
Tia smile

joyalf Mon 15-Feb-16 23:11:25

I never stayed there as a student but knew people who did, this was a few years ago, when they first opened. General feedback was that they were overpriced & that you weren't always sharing accommodation with people from the same institution (three unis & loads of colleges in glasgow) which is half the point of being in halls. Maybe worth looking at the ones owned by the specific uni instead smile

Springliketoday Mon 15-Feb-16 23:26:38

Thanks Joy, it's Kelvin College which as far as I know doesn't have its own halls. Not much choice maybe!

MsMarvel Mon 15-Feb-16 23:29:53

My ex boyfriend through uni stayed in them, and i basically lived there too. Were generally nicer than the uni-specific ones, but as mentioned above, not necessarily people from the same uni there with you.

This is going back about 6 years now though, and i know there are many many more unite halls that have been built all over the place since then.

seb1 Mon 15-Feb-16 23:31:47

Which campus is it ?

Springliketoday Tue 16-Feb-16 00:27:28

Buchanan view is the one we were looking at but don't think it's the only one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now