Talk

Advanced search

In the wake of " oxbridge rejects " time, a tale of hope

(4 Posts)
Helenluvsrob Tue 12-Jan-16 09:53:48

Just a reminder from a proud mum for your " Oxbridge rejects" ....

This was my DD1 (offers/rejections went out just before Xmas then the feckers!) 5yrs ago. She had excellent grades and high hopes for a career in academia...

Rejected by Oxford. Went to Nottingham. Excelled at undergrad and MA level. Many awards including funded study in Rome. Now doing a PhD with funding from the midlands3cities partnership.

And I've never seen her so happy smile

mummymeister Tue 12-Jan-16 16:21:05

thanks for the support Helen. the trouble is when you are right in the middle of it and don't know the future its really tough. I am an adult with loads of life experiences where things that have looked awful have turned out well in the end. 17/18 yr olds don't have all of this to draw on.

this whole idea of offers is bonkers imo. why cant we wait until they have the grades. all those rejoicing that their kids have conditional offers now have the stress of making sure that they get the grades. honestly its just not right is it.

Helenluvsrob Tue 12-Jan-16 19:16:27

Totally agree mummymeistee applying with grades would be so much more sensible wouldn't it. Even an Oxbridge offer just brings more pressure I reckon at this stage in the game sad

Supermanspants Tue 12-Jan-16 20:32:52

Thanks for the post OP.
Agree with what you say..... very philosophical here tonight. Holding offers from four other fantastic RG universities. It's a tough process thats for sure. All will be ok in a day or two smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now