Talk

Advanced search

Why was the thread about part time work deleted?

(6 Posts)
Decorhate Sat 31-Oct-15 21:36:45

Did I waste time contributing to some journo's research?!

SecretSquirr3ls Sun 01-Nov-15 10:10:27

I was wondering why it went?
It was pretty convincing if that's the case confused.
A lot of carefully thought out contributions with different viewpoints.

Exjennywren Sun 01-Nov-15 10:13:00

Hi.
OP here, have nc'd.
I can assure you, I'm not a journalist am genuinely a 45yr old step mum with a DSD In her first yr of uni.
I asked MN to delete the thread because I foolishly used a very recognisable user name, all of my posts made me quite identifiable in RL, and my DH actually told my DSD that I'd specifically posted on MN.
I wanted to keep anonymous and would have felt uncomfortable had she read it.
I did put a post on the thread explaining the above before MN deleted it.
I thanked everyone who contributed and appreciated everyone taking the time to comment.
My first post on MN so I'll know better next time.

SecretSquirr3ls Sun 01-Nov-15 10:24:57

Ah well. Thanks for explaining. I hope you found what you wanted on here OP.
FWIW I thought you were handling the situation well, taking advice from all angles on board and trying to be fair. It's hard enough with your own DC but must be doubly difficult with a child you have not brought up.

Exjennywren Sun 01-Nov-15 10:32:21

Thanks secret.
I took everything onboard and wouldn't have had an issue with leaving the thread on, but when my DH blurted out I'd posted, and actually named MN, I was just a bit wary of her looking it up.
After all, I'm her step mum and whilst we have a good relationship, I was concerned I was overstepping the line.
Perhaps I should have worded my OP differently and just kept it a simple, do your teens at uni work in addition to study, and left it at that.

Decorhate Sun 01-Nov-15 11:14:42

Thanks for explaining & welcome to MN!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now