Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else noticed inconsistency with clearing lists?

(5 Posts)
eatyourveg Sat 18-Jul-15 10:08:37

I've been looking at the courses and unis that ds3 is considering and noticed that whilst some of the courses appear on the ucas clearing lists, when I've looked on the uni website itself under their own clearing vacancies, the courses isn't always there. (3 courses so far) confused

Figuring it may be because the vacancies have been filled very recently and ucas hasn't yet updated, I also tried the uni's own general course search for 2015 start and the course then appears. Either it is in clearing or it isn't - there isn't another way to get a September start at this stage without going via clearing is there?

Anyone got any explanations to explain the inconsistencies?

JeanneDeMontbaston Sat 18-Jul-15 11:34:43

Is it not just they haven't fully updated their websites?

titchy Sat 18-Jul-15 11:54:33

Our clearing website won't go live until the week of clearing itself so don't worry about university websites not specifically having a course advertised as in clearing.

Normal applications through UCAS closed a week or two ago so everything for 15/16 entry through UCAS is now regarded as a clearing application.

Don't worry about inconsistencies!

GeorgeYeatsAutomaticWriter Sat 18-Jul-15 11:56:10

If your DS does better than expected, he can contact the university he wants to go to on results day. All bets are off now that the cap has been removed.

betternextlife Sun 19-Jul-15 13:31:10

there isn't another way to get a September start at this stage without going via clearing is there

If you have results (gap year/IB etc) then email the admissions tutors now, as some universities will be deal with these applications before Clearing starts. We always do.

If you don't have results, then you have to wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now