Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to find out if someone graduated from a university?

(5 Posts)
SilverBlur Fri 22-May-15 11:58:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lljkk Fri 22-May-15 14:15:27

I think you can phone individual Unis & ask, it's not considered confidential info whether or not someone received a degree.

spinoa Fri 22-May-15 14:57:21

Many universities subscribe to the Higher Education Degree Datacheck online verification service. By registering with HEDD you can then verify qualifications for a small charge. Students can, I believe, choose to opt out of being included in HEDD and I am not sure that individuals who are not employers can register with HEDD.

Some universities do not subscribe to HEDD and in accordance with their interpretation of Data Protection will not release information without the consent of the individual concerned, see e.g.

www.cambridgestudents.cam.ac.uk/your-course/graduation-and-what-next/verification-cambridge-degrees

cdtaylornats Thu 18-Jun-15 21:40:35

Some newspapers will have details, I think Heriot-Watt and Edinburgh publish lists of graduates in the Scotsman.

Decorhate Thu 18-Jun-15 21:47:34

You would have to know what name they were using at the time too. I would be untraceable wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now