Talk

Advanced search

Getting into nursing

(4 Posts)
beccablob Mon 08-Dec-14 21:07:53

Hello

I am currently a SAHM to 3 DCs. I left my role as a primary school teacher a couple of yrs ago. I also have a biology degree which I got 13 yrs ago (that makes me feel old!!)

I have decided id like to train as a children's nurse. Can anyone please advise me as to how I would apply/ gain relevant experience. I would be looking at Universities in the liverpool area

Thanks!

AtiaoftheJulii Tue 09-Dec-14 08:10:20

My degree was longer ago than yours smile My top choice was a post grad diploma course - you don't necessarily have to do the 3 year BSc to get registered. For this I needed evidence of recent study, so I did the OU Human Biology module. And I got a little bit of experience through volunteering at my local hospital. I went to a few open days the year before I planned to apply, to find out what I needed to do over the next year, but you could also email admissions tutors directly.

beccablob Wed 10-Dec-14 21:18:25

Thanks so much for your reply. So I won't need to do the full 3 yr degree then? Sounds like I need to make some calls!

AtiaoftheJulii Wed 10-Dec-14 21:30:14

Mine's two years - some of the theory hours were credited to me, and the remaining theory is at a higher level than at least the first two years of the BSc, and then the practice hours are the same, just squished into two years. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now