Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Applicant open day invitation without an offer

(8 Posts)
ILoveApples Tue 18-Nov-14 17:04:15

Dd has been invited to KCL in December but has not yet received an offer. Others who have had offers have also been invited on the same day. Does this mean she could still be rejected?

2rebecca Mon 24-Nov-14 10:16:29

I'd just go if I were her and ask them when she's there if everyone else seems to have had offers.
One of my son's unis had an applicants day, and that letter said they made offers after it but if you didn't attend without good reason they assumed you weren't that interested so would be unlikely to get an offer.

skylark2 Mon 24-Nov-14 20:20:38

DD was invited to one of these after she got her offer. We wondered why everyone else was dressed so smart when we got there - they didn't have offers yet and were there for interviews! I can't imagine they'd have bothered interviewing people if they'd already decided to take them all.

lljkk Mon 24-Nov-14 20:25:54

Remember it's about her choosing them, too. They badly want her £9k/annum. Let her go & be choosy, and plenty fine to ask if this means an interview or something more informal.

clam Mon 24-Nov-14 20:44:44

DS went to one at Surrey last year without having had an offer. They were all told at the end of the day that they would be receiving them.

Roisin Mon 24-Nov-14 20:49:47

What does the invite say? Ds1 was invited to a "post-offer day" at Imperial, but that invitation arrive 4-5 days before his offer actually landed!

MadameJosephine Mon 24-Nov-14 21:59:53

DS went to one at Bristol and got an offer a week or so later but they were all in the same boat, its odd thatshe says some have already had offers. Are they for the same subject though? Ds' s visit day was a subject specific one

Freddy11 Tue 02-Dec-14 16:14:43

My DD is in the same situation. She has applied for Politics at KCL and has been invited to an open day but no offer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now