Talk

Advanced search

OU Degree in English Literature/Creative Writing

(6 Posts)
MarjorieMelon Wed 12-Nov-14 13:48:13

Thinking of starting a degree in English Literature/Creative Writing with the OU. Has anyone else embarked on this?

PeachandBlack Mon 17-Nov-14 11:50:32

I'm in the final year of my OU English Lit degree and my free choice module is Creative Writing. I've loved it but some of the literature modules I've done are nearing the end of their shelf life and look quite dated in terms of critical arguments and theories. These are going to be replaced over the next few years, so look at the module descriptions carefully to check whether they are something you feel you can engage with.

I can't really comment on the creative writing course as I've only just started and am doing it for fun (and as a breather from 3 years of literary criticism).

loveareadingthanks Fri 09-Jan-15 16:18:47

I'm just finishing mine, on the last course. What would you like to know?

Persipan Fri 09-Jan-15 22:33:30

I've done/am doing the Creative Writing modules as part of an Open Degree, if there's anything you want to know about those...

BeetlebumShesAGun Sat 10-Jan-15 09:02:32

I'm starting English Literature in February OP, if you do decide to go for it and want a buddy!

loveareadingthanks Sun 11-Jan-15 16:18:17

Sorry just realised i bumped up a zombie thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now