Residential cookery course for 17 year old in London?

(9 Posts)
CatherineofMumbles Sun 21-Sep-14 17:53:25

Hi, not sure where to post this, but hope that people who post in this section may have had DC doing a cookery course before going to Uni?
DS also thinking he may try to apply for gap year chalet work, and so want to do a course that is not 'just poncy posh cordon bleu' grin but more than just basics...
Would appreciate any advice!

OP’s posts: |
stonecircle Sun 21-Sep-14 19:17:29

Oh great idea - watching for suggestions. DS has a grade A in GCSE food tech but only ever seemed to make cheese cakes confused

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 21-Sep-14 19:47:22

Leith's has always been the top London cookery school I believe it runs a chalet course.

EldonAve Sun 21-Sep-14 19:53:50

Various courses are listed here
www.dofe.org/finder/Default.aspx?ResultsOnPage=20&UserType=2&grp1=46&grp2=28

Families magazine usually has an ad for cooking courses for teens in the South of France but I can't find it online

CatherineofMumbles Sun 21-Sep-14 19:58:24

Wow, thanks!!!!

(Mumsnet is amazing, and eclectic. Today I have had not only these really generous responses, but also loads of ways to deal with a mouse infestation - I have a lot now to pay forward!!! grin)

sashh Mon 22-Sep-14 06:23:01

On the cookery boards a mner is setting up a company teaching people to cook, maybe you two should chat?

CatherineofMumbles Mon 22-Sep-14 08:54:38

thx - will do!

Advertisement

Lilymaid Mon 22-Sep-14 12:53:12

List of chalet cookery courses. When DS was considering this, there seemed to be one course that was considered the top one but I can't remember which it was!

Lilymaid Mon 22-Sep-14 12:56:57

I think it may be this one: Natives but may be wrong!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in