Advanced search

University chasing tuition fee payments after I quit due to ill health.

(3 Posts)
Lomaamina Fri 08-Mar-13 15:48:04

Venice So sorry to hear you're unwell. Try not to get stressed over this. You should contact your university's student services to see if they can help in any way. Also have a look at your university's website. They should have a page for current students with a link to the finance office. Ring them (get the name of who you speak to) or email and explain your circumstances. In my experience as an academic the important thing is to communicate with them. They cannot know your situation unless you tell them! They may be able to defer payment, to offer you repayment terms or whatever suits your situation. Speak also to your tutor to see if you can interrupt your studies rather than quitting. If/when your health improves, or stabilises in the future you might be able to resume your studies.

Wish you well - loma.

SavoirFaire Thu 07-Mar-13 22:03:56

Have you spoken to anyone at the university? Student finance office probably the place to call.

Veniceredmask01 Thu 07-Mar-13 17:43:57

Hope someone can help me. I had to quit university before the end of term 1, due to ill health and provided my university with a doctors note. I am currently on incapacity benefit and am suffering due to my condition.
I have just received a letter from the university demanding payment for tuition fees. I have no way to pay these back where do I stand? Hope someone can help me in this desperate situation. I don't think I can cope with anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now