Advanced search

Further Education Certificate

(6 Posts)
ProlificWillyBreeder Tue 15-Jan-13 20:46:58

Not sure if this is in the right place.
A few years ago I completed the first year of my degree, sadly due to my failing health I was un able to continue.
Now I'm finally better and ready to study again, with the OU I'm hoping. I'm looking to transfer credits.
Google tells me I'm entitled to a certificate in Higher Education, is this correct?
I've emailed the awards officer at the uni but I'm too nervous they will say no still awaiting a reply.

Hope I posted this in the right place.

Thanks, taken me a while to summon the courage to even email this blooming officer!

sashh Wed 16-Jan-13 00:29:21

If you completed your first year, yes you can get a Cert HE

ProlificWillyBreeder Wed 16-Jan-13 08:53:57

Thanks sashh hoping the officer will email back soon.
Do I need to pay or anything?

ProlificWillyBreeder Fri 18-Jan-13 08:47:35

Just to update incase anyone in the future needs this info...
Depending on the uni there can be a time limit to when you can no longer claim the CertHE. 5 years at my uni. So I didn't qualify.
They have posted my grades and sending this document to the open uni means that they will assess then fingers crossed I'll still have 120 CAT points.

sashh Sat 19-Jan-13 07:52:25

Sorry you don't get a Cert but at least you get the credits. I had no idea about the time limit.

ProlificWillyBreeder Sat 19-Jan-13 08:24:11

Exactly so I'm happy, I'll get a lot of support with the OU too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now