Advanced search

Teaching/classroom assistant course

(2 Posts)
caramal Mon 07-Jan-13 10:57:08

Hi I currently have around 6 years experience in care and an NVQ level 2. I am currently working as a health care assistant. After having a DS 2 years ago it's made me think about a career change. (I prefer working with children/younger adults too)

I'm a bit clueless so if anyone could help..
Which role would be better classroom or teaching assistant?
Are teaching assistant jobs better paid?
I believe there's help for families on low income or receiving tax credits (birmingham)
Does anyone know if I would be entitled to any help in childcare?


ihearsounds Mon 07-Jan-13 11:22:37

Have a look at vacancies - local government and jobs go public - this will give you an indication of the salary.
However, these jobs rarely come up and when they do, competition is fierce.

Any help you might receive will depend on the course provider. Local college might provide more help than say the wea. Plus because you already have a level 2, there might not be any help. You really need to enquire locally.

Childcare, is this for the course and/or working? For the course again will depend on the provider. Generally though its all done within school hours, so would you need help with childcare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now