Advanced search

University fees if living in Wales

(7 Posts)
hellsbells99 Thu 27-Sep-12 13:51:00

Ok please don't shoot me for asking this!
How long do you need to live in Wales for to qualify for subsidised university fees? We used to live in Wales and DH is welsh. We still have a house there that we used to live in and now rent out. We moved a few years ago over the border due to needing to be nearer to work and rented a house initially but have since bought one in England.
Due to DH changing his job we could feasibly move back in to Wales now and would probably sell our house in England and buy a nicer house there. DCs are both teenagers and may want to go to university. One wants to be a doctor so huge fees. Could keep DCs in existing school as it would be a 30 minute journey each way.

eatyourveg Thu 27-Sep-12 13:55:07

pretty sure its 2 years of it being your main place of residence before the course starts More info here

titchy Thu 27-Sep-12 15:25:05

3 years normally.

hellsbells99 Thu 27-Sep-12 15:33:21

eatyourveg - thanks very much for this. It doesn't make it very clear that it is 2 years but if it is then that would be fine.

titchy Thu 27-Sep-12 15:48:20

It's three years! Read the 'am I eligible ' section!

hellsbells99 Thu 27-Sep-12 17:01:40

Doesn't that say 3 years in the uk?

hellsbells99 Thu 27-Sep-12 17:03:08

Sorry wasn't ignoring ur 1st post Titchy - didn't see it at first. Must have x-posted.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: