Talk

Advanced search

student finance -when should funds be in a/c?

(12 Posts)
out2lunch Sat 22-Sep-12 17:12:44

ds due to start on monday - should his fees/grant/loan be in his bank a/c anytime soon?

DameSaggarmakersbottomknocker Sat 22-Sep-12 17:15:55

Has he officially registered on his course at uni? They usually go in a couple of days after that.

(If Student Finance haven't cocked it up. Which isn't outside the realms of possibility. Being that they're a bit rubbish at even the straightforward stuff)

CajaDeLaMemoria Sat 22-Sep-12 17:17:22

Yeah, they go in 3 days after the uni confirm attendance, which happens when he enrols.

I start on Monday. On Thursday I enrol, and my loan will probably come in on Tuesday or Wednesday - you get a text the day before to let you know. My paperwork said it'd be paid on the 24th, but I won't be enrolled then so it won't sad

out2lunch Sat 22-Sep-12 17:20:22

thanks
enrolment on monday too - i was starting to think something had gone wrong

very reassuring smile

larry5 Sat 22-Sep-12 19:45:50

Dd is going back on Monday to start her 3rd year. Her money was due to go in Monday but was in her account today.

harbingerofdoom Sat 22-Sep-12 20:32:51

Student Finance has sent my DDs letters giving the amount due each term and the date that it will be paid.

Keep an eagle eye on them (SF). They don't always get it right!

dementedma Wed 26-Sep-12 20:22:08

Dd into her 4th week and still no money.can't get through on help line. She will lose her place if this keeps up

harbingerofdoom Wed 26-Sep-12 20:24:48

4th week! She went early. Is she Student Finance or NHS etc?

dementedma Wed 26-Sep-12 20:33:43

We are in Scotland. She is doing musical theatre - two year HND then one year performance - but tuition fees are 8k and NOT paid by Scottish govt. SAAS website says she will only get £1250 worth of fees paid and a means tested loan for maintenance of about £2k. Dh and I both work but are a long way of having that kind of disposable income. Add to that costs of shoes - tap,jazz,ballet canvas,ballet pointe -leotards,tights,sheet, music etc. We know we can't sustain it but it was to good a chance to pass up without trying. They only took 30 kids in the whole intake!

harbingerofdoom Wed 26-Sep-12 20:40:23

Wow,good luck to your DD,she sounds very talented. I have no idea about funding for this.
I'm sure a much more knowledgeable MNetter will be around.

out2lunch Thu 04-Oct-12 20:46:14

still no cash here - rang sf today they told us uni have not confirmed ds as a student so he will get on to uni tomorrow

IShallWearMidnight Mon 08-Oct-12 17:47:17

Dd spoke to someone at her uni who has issued her with a temporary registration (otherwise she'd lose library and computer access), and will extend it/shout at Student Finance is they carry on being so slow. They've only just started processing her application apparently, and according to the uni woman, it will take much longer than they claim to process it (needs to be manually assessed as it's an income confirmation for last year's Current Year Assessment, and it seems no-one at SF know what that involves hmm.

But unis ought to be able to sort out a temporary registration, which means they don't lose their place doesn't help for paying hall fees or buying food though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now