Advanced search

urgent mums in the know what is the deposit scheme called for the rent deposit

(5 Posts)
homeaway Thu 22-Sep-11 10:20:45

My ds is on his way to uni as we speak we have just got the rental contract through and we paid a 500 pound deposit. I know that there are schemes in place to make sure the deposit is held safely but what are they called ? The contract just says deposit stakeholder? Grateful for any help as not living in Uk anymore.


MonsterBookOfTysons Thu 22-Sep-11 10:50:19

I may be wrong, but if you mean so he can privately rent with the council? It is called the deposit bond scheme.

homeaway Thu 22-Sep-11 11:17:32

Thanks .

lostmymind Thu 22-Sep-11 11:31:11

There are three approved schemes for protecting your deposit:

•Deposit Protection Service (DPS)
•Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)

The choice of the scheme rests with the landlord, but it is a legal requirement that the deposit IS secured read

homeaway Fri 23-Sep-11 10:39:49

thank you .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: