Talk

Advanced search

student finance

(6 Posts)
rattie77 Wed 21-Sep-11 07:44:16

Can I ask if everyones DC have received their student loan/maintenance grant yet? DS was due to get his on Mon but still not in his account. His money is running out and we don't get paid until Fri. I hate the thought of him sitting there not taking part in Freshers week as he can't afford it. I would happily contact the student loan co but as he isn't here to give me permission they wouldn't speak to me. He hasn't got loads of phone credit to call as he would be on a while I imagine. Any feedback would be a help.

dusty05 Wed 21-Sep-11 08:29:21

I heard the money arrives within 3 days of them physically registering on their course. The online registration doesn't count. I don't think that is made clear on the original letters we all get from the finance people - mine certainly says DD's money goes in on Monday next week but I'm not expecting it to after friends experience of her DS who went to uni last week and registered Monday just gone and has been told his money arrives by tomorrow.

nickschick Wed 21-Sep-11 08:32:02

Ds started his induction week on Monday on sunday eve a text was sent from student finance to say that his money would be in his account on Monday .....it went in just before.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 21-Sep-11 08:42:05

You can call student finance and talk to them - they prefer to speak to the students, but you can ask them questions. You may have to be a bit pushy about it though!

DS1 goes to university on Saturday and has been told that the money will be in his account on 26 (Monday). But I also understand that this isn't confirmed until the university have registered him/confirmed that he studying there.

mumeeee Wed 21-Sep-11 18:53:56

DD2 started her 3rd year last week. When I spoke to her her loan hadn't gone in neither had her friends. The loan isn't sent until they have turned up and registered with uni each year and the university have confirmed they're attending. DD2's course tutor took all their names and is going to make sure that it's been confirmed with student finance.

rattie77 Thu 22-Sep-11 07:41:11

Thanks for all your replies, just a bit worried as I had read on a few other posts that some students had received their loans before they actually left for uni. I will call them later and hope fully will get some idea of when it will be in. He has officially registered now so shouldn't be too long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now