Talk

Advanced search

Good Luck to Uni Admissions Staff, Applicants and Parents

(5 Posts)
Indenturedserf Sun 14-Aug-11 13:01:52

Just a good luck to all admissions staff who are working today as A level results have been released to Universities and to all candidates waiting for their results. It is an incredibly hard job and increasingly so due to the pressure on numbers.

Not forgetting it is a difficult week for parents as well.

hocuspontas Sun 14-Aug-11 13:20:52

Good luck to all students and hope you get your desired results and first choice. Sympathy to parents! This time last year I was in the same boat; nails bitten to the quick, not sleeping, counting down the days, envisaging the worst. But the euphoria on the day - unbeatable! I'll be thinking of you all.

Bearcat Mon 15-Aug-11 20:35:32

We too have been through this twice now in 2006 and 2010 with DS's
DS1 had to go into college for results mid morning (didn't see him for the rest of the day)!
DS2 woke the house up at 6 am wooping with delight as the results had just come up on the college portal.
We were very fortunate as parents that both got A grades ( and one A* last year) and got into their firm choice universities.
They were worrying days leading up to their results, but wow did we feel proud of them both.
Thinking about all you parents for Thursday and hoping for the best for all your youngsters.
Just the degree to worry about now!

mumofsussex Tue 16-Aug-11 09:59:09

<mos chews nails and counts the hours>

Snuppeline Tue 16-Aug-11 10:02:07

What a nice thread! Good luck to all A level students, university staff and parents today from me too. Theming with activity here at my Russell Group uni though I am not involved (thankfully!) in the admissions process personally, its all go go at any rate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now