Talk

Advanced search

dd's student finance has come through, she's away until august, will it delay payment if forms aren't signed till then?

(10 Posts)
ggirl Fri 27-May-11 22:44:51

all loans/grant approved
she just needs to sign form and give her bank details
she's travelling so can't sign the form although she may be able to log onto her account
any advice
am concerned the delay in getting the form back will delay the first payment

ggirl Sat 28-May-11 16:22:05

bump

megagusset Sat 28-May-11 17:33:47

Has she given SF her 'permission' for you to discuss her application? I take it you've searched through their website - call them and see if you get the same answer two days running can get some clarification, although ime they're not terribly helpful...hmm

ggirl Sat 28-May-11 18:04:21

no she hassn't given them her permission
damn , should've thought of that before she left
they are awful to deal with on the phone ..if you can get through

LadyLapsang Sun 29-May-11 19:09:37

I found them really helpful & quick to get through to on the phone last year.

mumeeee Mon 30-May-11 12:33:09

She shpold be fine. DD2 signed her form late last year and she still got her loan in time, Can you phone and pretend to be her, I had to do that a few weeks ago to fine out something, But we had her customer number as we were helping her with her application this year,

tiredmomma Mon 30-May-11 12:55:03

Could you not forge her signature post it off to her and have her post it back?

ggirl Mon 30-May-11 23:18:59

she's backpacking around canada atm so difficult to pin her down to one place
will ring them tomorrow
mummee-thanks that's good to know your dd still got her £ in time

Ponders Mon 30-May-11 23:27:29

that form does have to be signed by the student & posted back, so you ringing up as her wouldn't help

Just get it done asap when she is back (if you can't forward it to her to sign & send back before then)

sayithowitis Thu 07-Jul-11 00:37:54

i am sure that when these forms went astray in the post when DC1 went to uni a couple of years back, it was possible to download them from the internet and sign them. If this is still the case, and you think DD could find somewhere that she could do this on her travels, why not ask student finance if she could fax them back? Otherwise, she could send them from the post office in whatever location she is in at the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now