Talk

Advanced search

recognition of uncompleted degree

(4 Posts)
VoldemortsNipple Sun 09-Jan-11 15:08:31

Can anybody shed some light on this please.

I started a child nursing degree in 2005. I completed the first year, left at the end of the second year but didn't complete two out of three of my end of year modules. I completed a further 3 modules during the second year.

I was planning on only taking a year out before completing my studies but for one reason and another I never went back. I was having quite a rough time and couldn't deal with uni at the time. I also moved house so there was no way uni could contact me either.

Was all that work for nothing or should I have some recognition for the work I completed. Im happily working in a nursery now but I have no qualifications for working with the children, which is annoying as I trained to care for sick children for two years. I would like to develop my career in this direction but need to know what my qualification are.

My GCSEs were poor and I have no A levels. I did an access course in health studies to get to uni which was an NVQ level 3

EduStuckintheSnow Sun 09-Jan-11 17:04:13

Officially, you don't have a qualification from it. You might be able to get a transcript from the university which records any assessments/modules completed and the marks gained.

AFAIK it wouldn't necessarily count for anything, unless you were working towards another qualification and would be allowed to count some of your previous work towards it.

GoldFrakkincenseAndMyrrh Mon 10-Jan-11 09:37:40

You might be able to get a certHE from them depending on what your university's rules on partial qualifications are.

You should be able to get credits to transfer to something like the OU or another institution but as edustuckinthesnow says that wouldn't necessarily count.

Dolcegusto Sat 15-Jan-11 00:41:54

You can usually transfer credits to ou if you are working towards an open degree, it's still a BSc/BA hons but will not be a nursing degree iyswim, although will have all the modules you obtained credit for on it.

Google ou credit transfer, and ask them what they think, they're really helpful I've found.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now