Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know how you become an Nct teacher?

(11 Posts)
Fortress Fri 17-Dec-10 11:29:06

That's it really

Tia

TheBrandyButterflyEffect Fri 17-Dec-10 16:50:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Greenshadow Fri 17-Dec-10 16:52:32

It's also a good idea to make contact with your local branch and ideally get involved with them first.

TheBrandyButterflyEffect Fri 17-Dec-10 16:57:43

Fortress Sat 18-Dec-10 09:14:23

Thanks for your replies

I've been thinking about it recently... I really enjoyed my Nct group with ds2. I'm now expecting dc3 and like the idea of training to become one rather than go back to my current job.

So do you think there's formal training?

drzeus Sat 18-Dec-10 09:18:18

Have a look here

If you google nct antenatal teacher there are quite a few links with info on them.

HTH

tinselistooaddictive Sat 18-Dec-10 09:21:18

The training process is quite arduous and takes a few years. YOu can start teaching before you frinish once you have reached a certain point. I think it is like most jobs in that it is not as easy as it looks.

TheParasiteofChristmasPast Sat 18-Dec-10 09:21:27

you massage your own ego until you really think you are more qualified than a obstetrician or midwife, then you stop getting your hair cut professionally and invest in lots of cheap incense - good luck

TheBrandyButterflyEffect Sat 18-Dec-10 15:15:16

slipperandpjsmum Sun 19-Dec-10 17:41:16

I did the bfc training. Join, attend all the coffee mornings, host lots of them etc etc. As with most things in life the way in was who you know not what you know.

Fortress Sun 19-Dec-10 23:27:36

Sorry only just saw all your posts! Thanks very much for the advice

There's probably some truth in that parasite grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: