Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

A reasonable price?

(21 Posts)
Dueindecember2016 Wed 24-May-17 21:00:49

We're at that stage of looking for high chairs for our daughter. Is it me or are some of the high chairs a ridiculous price?? Wow! I nearly fell over at some of them.

Does anyone have any reccomendations on a good highchair at a reasonable price?

Thank you

Kimber2 Tue 18-Jul-17 16:24:21

I got Stokke Tripp Trapp Classic Highchair for my DD and its been really great. Best thing was that I got it for only £128.

Frazzle76 Tue 18-Jul-17 16:25:30

Aldi £19
Ikea £15

Had no problems with either!

rainbowpie Tue 18-Jul-17 16:25:58

We bought an £80 then ended up buying an £11 ikea one. We haven't used the more expensive one with DS, just the ikea one. £11 and easy to clean. You don't need to waste money.

AprilShowers16 Tue 18-Jul-17 16:26:09

The IKEA highchair is excellent, £13 I think, easy to clean, easy to take apart and a nice large tray. Putting a cushion behind it or buying the cushion that comes with it is worth it to keep them close to the tray

JudyBlumeForever Tue 18-Jul-17 16:28:07

Ikea ones are only £11. Lots of people swear by them.

We have tripp trapp chairs which are expensive, but my 7 year old still uses hers every mealtime so cost per is very low....

Whitelisbon Tue 18-Jul-17 16:41:17

We have the hauck version of the Tripp trapp for 4 of mine, 11yo ds still uses his for every meal, and they were less than £50.

Madonna9 Wed 19-Jul-17 16:14:51

I just saw a Stokke Tripp Trapp on Peddler for a very good price.
You can use it for many years, so great value...
We use ours for every meal and while doing crafts, etc.

AndNowItIsSeven Wed 19-Jul-17 16:16:56

Ikea Antelop is the best highchair going.

RelaxMax Wed 19-Jul-17 16:22:37

Just get the Ikea one - cheap, easy to clean, easy to store, you can get it for £13 then sell it on for £5 when you're done.

ChorusLine69 Wed 19-Jul-17 16:29:44

Ikea all the way! We have had ours for 2 children and you can just replace the tray bit if it gets too worn

Nan0second Wed 19-Jul-17 17:24:35

Ikea chair is absolutely brilliant. I do like Tripp trapp for toddlers and pre schoolers but actually ikea is brill for weaning!

ScarletBegonia1234 Wed 19-Jul-17 17:26:41

Ikea antilop. It's the only high chair you will need. Everyone seems to end up with it no matter what expensive/fashionable/whistles and bells one they start with!

lornathewizzard Wed 19-Jul-17 17:28:34

Just £128 !!
Eek

Ikea antilop is a good size, easy to clean, perfect

Icklepickle101 Wed 19-Jul-17 17:35:43

Ikea, insert is good for when they are little and on a bad day you can put the white or thing in the shower!

Icklepickle101 Wed 19-Jul-17 17:35:51

Whole thing

EyeDrops Wed 19-Jul-17 17:55:22

I've got a Joie mimsy snacker high chair and generally love it. It folds so takes up less space when not in use, has a net underneath to keep bibs/bowls/a wipe down floor mat etc. £50.

The one thing that really bugs me about the Ikea antilop is that you have to tilt the tray to remove it (unless there's a trick I haven't realised?!) - so if there's a lot of meal debris it's hard to remove to clean without chucking it everywhere sad I'm so used to sliding the Joie's tray off to clean it, I find it much easier.

StarHeartDiamond Wed 19-Jul-17 19:00:02

Ikea chair was great. Prior to that had a wooden one and a large padded one. The padded one is very hard to clean and very big. Ikea one is easy to clean and hardly takes up any room.

StarHeartDiamond Wed 19-Jul-17 19:01:04

The ikea tray just upclips/slides off, from memory. I don't remember tilting it.

Alibobbob Wed 19-Jul-17 19:08:58

Google Money Saving Expert Local EBay Deals download the ap and see if there is any cheep ones local to you. As you know EBay have new and used.

jacketej Wed 19-Jul-17 19:14:01

We had a Chico 2nd hand one, it cost £10, DS used it for about 3 months till he screamed blue murder every time he went in it. It had straps around his arms like a car seat and he didn't enjoy being strapped in for meal times. We bought a booster from Argos and he's still in it a year later . He loves it. Personally don't spend much at all. He uses the IKEA ones mentioned at restaurants and he likes that one too. Spend minimal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now