Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What colour tripp trapp???! #firstworldproblems

(9 Posts)
LSP1985 Sat 15-Feb-14 21:22:56

DH just won some money on a football accumulator and I have managed to persuade him to get a tripp trapp highchair for DS! I can be very persuasive!

Anyway, my kitchen table is natural wood but I have an aqua blue theme.
I have heard the painted ones chip but I am completely torn between the two colours!!!

www.pramworld.co.uk/stokke-tripp-trapp-highchair-aqua-blue#.Uv_Z-HggHCQ

www.pramworld.co.uk/stokke-tripp-trapp-highchair-natural#.Uv_aMnggHCQ

Help!! Opinions please!

LSP1985 Sat 15-Feb-14 21:31:32

Or white?!

www.pramworld.co.uk/stokke-tripp-trapp-highchair-white#.Uv_chHggHCQ

JassyRadlett Sat 15-Feb-14 21:35:30

I'd be worried the colours wouldn't match if you got the aqua one.

I have the natural one - looks great and has taken some harsh treatment from DS.

MmeMorrible Sat 15-Feb-14 21:42:07

I would go for natural. We had both a natural finish and a white one when the DCs were the right ages for them. The natural one still looks perfect now & DD is 11, but DS's white quickly looked shabby and the paint finish wore through in lots of places where it was cleaned (and being a baby high chair it needs lots of wiping down).

Great product though.

LSP1985 Sat 15-Feb-14 21:52:06

Thank you for your replies! Yeh I was worried about the aqua one not being a true match.

Good to hear that the natural one has stood the test of time. I think I better go with natural. Makes most sense with a messy toddler!!!

I'm gonna do it!!!

ruthsmumkath Mon 17-Feb-14 17:19:49

I'd go for natural - I got dd2 pink and it hasn't worn very well - the colour has come of in places - don't think natural would age so badly!

Katy

unddah Wed 27-Sep-17 21:01:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

stinkingbishop Wed 27-Sep-17 21:03:59

We had the whitewash as I thought that would go with most things and it did - we moved house twice and it was fine in all 3! Have a look at eBay before splashing out though. They're very sturdy and well made and last so a second hand one may well be 20% of the price but just as good.

Not that I'm currently selling a whitewash one on eBay or anything wink.

Eringray Thu 28-Sep-17 19:44:36

I would go for the natural color as well. White one can get dirty very soon and the aqua one will look a little out of place with your natural wooded kitchen table.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now