Talk

Advanced search
MumsnetGuestPosts (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-19 12:22:21

Guest post: “Women Supporting Women are committed to changing the lives of the young women”

As part of our Christmas appeal, we are matching donations to three brilliant charities until the end of January. Chrissie Rucker OBE - Women Supporting Women’s founding silver patron and founder of The White Company explains their vision.

Chrissie Rucker OBE

Posted on: Mon 28-Jan-19 12:22:20

(2 comments )

Lead photo

"Our vision for Women Supporting Women is simple: to provide the right help to nurture, inspire and empower these young women to build their own futures"

Having been a Patron of The Prince’s Trust for over 10 years, I have repeatedly seen how truly life-changing their work is. As a working mum with four children, I have also seen that girls face different challenges to boys.

Women Supporting Women is a passionate group who are committed to changing the lives of the young women that The Trust works with. These young women may have grown up in extremely challenging circumstances with issues ranging from abuse, addiction, bullying and homelessness. These early life experiences can often have a detrimental effect that can prevent them from fulfilling their true potential.

Through my business and in my personal life, I know that I would not be here today without the incredible love and support I received from people who believed in me.

Through my business and in my personal life, I know that I would not be here today without the incredible love and support I received from people who believed in me.

Our vision for Women Supporting Women is simple: to provide the right help to nurture, inspire and empower these young women to build their own futures through employment, education, training or by starting their own business.

Happily there are so many incredible success stories of young women supported by The Trust. We would love you to join us and help even more young women succeed.

By Chrissie Rucker OBE

Twitter: @PrincesTrust

AngelColvin Tue 29-Jan-19 18:08:05

Great post, thanks for sharing!

bumpertobumper Wed 30-Jan-19 16:41:08

This sounds like it is probably an interesting and effective project, but there isn't enough detail about it in the post or on the just giving page for me to feel inspired to donate.
Also it is strange that the post is so personal and first person yet anonymous- who wrote it? What is the relevance of their business?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: