Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WWW - how did today go?

(17 Posts)
soapbox Mon 01-Aug-05 20:51:23

How did the new job go and did exMIL look after DS and DD???

Hope it all went ok

WideWebWitch Mon 01-Aug-05 21:02:31

Oh, thanks for asking soapbox, it was fab actually, the job! I really enjoyed being at work again - proper coffee shops and on site cafes and stuff, goodness I'm easily pleased! - and I like my boss v much so far. It was only an hour drive from MILS (who has broadband as you can see!) and she tided my room AND did my washing today unasked, bless her. Dd is in nursery in Bristol - we decided in the end that we oughtn't move her twice: once to MILS and then again after the summer holidays. That didn't go well though, dp is a bit down because she was so miserable but he has the rest of the week off to settle her, so I'm sure she'll be ok in the end. I did cry as ds and I drove off leaving dp and dd on the doorstep on Sunday night but it's ok now I'm here. Although I am looking forward to Friday and my whole family being back together again though. Bet you're wishing you hadn't asked! Hey, also reckon I'll lose some weight since no booze or meat at ex MILS so I'm looking upon it as an opportunity to read a lot (massive Amazon order came with me), have a lot of early nights too.

soapbox Mon 01-Aug-05 21:09:05

That sounds great!

Only to be expected with DD I think, but she will soon settle down I imagine.

exMIl sounds fabulous - can we all share her! I bet DS will have a great time being with her during the day and then having you to himself in the evening!

So new boss is not Tosser McTosser reincarnated then????

Glad to hear it all went ok! Proper shops and on-site cafes - not in MK surely

motherinferior Mon 01-Aug-05 21:14:12

Glad it's going well, sweetie.

sobernow Mon 01-Aug-05 21:18:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Caligula Mon 01-Aug-05 21:39:20

I thought it was today but then convinced myself I must have got it wrong, as it's so soon! Glad it went well.

Caligula Mon 01-Aug-05 21:40:00

(Just sent you an e-mail by the way, Witchy.)

iota Mon 01-Aug-05 21:57:19

www - glad you had a good first day. Have you bought a map yet

left you some advice re better routes between MK and Bristol on the childcare thread last week, don't know if you saw it?

hope dd settles down soon - sounds the best option for her to me

bossykate Mon 01-Aug-05 22:01:32

glad it went well! dd will settle in just fine.

just remember when you want to be tempted away from your no-booze, healthy eating, early nights life - i am (nobly) here!

ScummyMummy Mon 01-Aug-05 22:20:45

Brilliant. Ring me if/when you fancy a drink.

bossykate Mon 01-Aug-05 22:35:44

that will be the three of us then?

Tinker Mon 01-Aug-05 23:24:54

Can I come? (No, I can't but...) Glad it all went fably (new word)

tortoiseshell Tue 02-Aug-05 09:14:23

Really glad it went well www, hope dd is ok in nursery, my two took a little while to settle in nursery but they get used to it. Ds used to really scream when I left him and then be fine once I'd gone.

Hausfrau Tue 02-Aug-05 09:25:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sis Tue 02-Aug-05 09:26:14

I am so pleased the new job is going well and ex-mil has come up trumps. Look forward to hearing about your daughter having having the time of her life at nursery once she has had the opportunity to adjust.

Twiglett Tue 02-Aug-05 09:28:08

excellent

motherinferior Tue 02-Aug-05 20:47:21

Make that another drinker?

Sounds as if it went very goodly, as DD1 would say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now