Talk

Advanced search

Just gone back to work - I've survived so far!

(8 Posts)
wysiwyg Sat 16-Jul-05 20:59:11

Just wanted to share - I've just gone back to work a couple of weeks ago- and the build-up and dread of it all was much worse than the reality.
Actually I'm enjoying it.
Kids settled in at nursery/ childminders better than I could have hoped (still early days though I know.)
So to any mums who are worrying or in a quandry about what to do.... for me at least, it is OK.

(Have read loads of threads on here which helped me decide and have reassured me over the last few weeks)
Thanks all mumsnetters.

charleepeters Sat 16-Jul-05 20:59:41

Im glad its going well for you

Flossam Sat 16-Jul-05 21:03:39

I have done and found exactly the same as you, apart from my DS is home with Daddy which is perhaps easier. It's nice to be with adults again! Glad you are happy!

dinny Sat 16-Jul-05 21:21:09

thanks for posting this! how old are your children?

popsycal Sat 16-Jul-05 21:31:25

I go back on monday

wysiwyg Sat 16-Jul-05 23:55:49

DD is 5, is just coming to the end of reception year. DS is 8 months.
After DD I went back full time when she was 6 months old, but maternity leave has improved since then so I have had longer off this time. Was worried that DS was getting clingy and that he would find it harder to settle at nursery the longer I left it. But was also feeling that I should have the summer off.... Seems like you can almost ruin the last weeks of mat leave worrying about it all which is a real shame.
I am working 3 days a week and I think it will be a good balance.
Good luck on Monday popsycal.

wysiwyg Wed 20-Jul-05 23:44:07

Popsycal - how's it going this week?

wysiwyg Thu 28-Jul-05 11:40:15

Bump = how did you get on Popsycal?

An update: ended up having a day off sick with some dreadful sickness bug (felt so bad about being off). Then all the family got it and were throwing up over the weekend. Happy days. Alright now though and back on track. Funny how you just get everything working and it can all go pear-shaped when someone is poorly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now