Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet lawyers and associated professionals, www needs your help - know anything about the DCA?

(17 Posts)
WideWebWitch Fri 15-Jul-05 18:54:22

If anyone knows anything about the DCA, which is The Department for Constitutional Affairs (I didn't know we had one being as we don't have a consitution and all that!) please can I pick your brains?

I have a second interview next week with a company associated with the DCA (it's not them though) and I need an edge so I want to thoroughly research this govt dept.

If you can help please post here or CAT me. I hope no-one minds if I keep bumping this up too. I'd also be terribly grateful for anyone who can help with bumping it! I so need this job (I have been giving laundry tips here ffs!) which is now between me and another woman. Who wasn't a SAHM for ages and therefore v likely has more recent experience.

TIA. You can email me at wickedwaterwitchy at hotmail dot com if it's quicker than a CAT.

okapi Fri 15-Jul-05 19:02:27

sorry never heard of them - but crossing fingers for yo...and of course BUMPING

Janh Fri 15-Jul-05 19:05:47

It's existed since 2003 - lovely google came up with DCA website - assume you'll have found it already but just in case!

Loads of luck, www - want us to make a model of other woman and stick pins in it?

bossykate Fri 15-Jul-05 19:51:19

good luck!

what a loss it will be to the world of washerwomen and pizza cutters...

really hope you get it!

Tinker Fri 15-Jul-05 19:54:02

Never heard of it but good luck. Will you be, gulp, a civil servant then?

WideWebWitch Fri 15-Jul-05 20:41:25

Thank you so far! Okapi, thanks for the bump, Janh, thanks for the link, bk, ha ha! Tinks, nah, won't be a civil servant. Won't even be civil har de har. Bumping this again shamelessly. Have just spoken to the agent who said he will get me this job if it kills him. He's lovely and has sold me HARD but I still need to pull a blinder of an interview next week.

WideWebWitch Sat 16-Jul-05 08:01:18

Saturday morning bump!

GeorginaA Sat 16-Jul-05 09:26:02

I know nothing
but good at bumping...

LunarSea Sat 16-Jul-05 09:48:55

DCA used to be called the Lord Chancellors Department if that helps your research. What do you do www? I'm wondering if you're joining us - because I happen to work for a company which does a lot of work for DCA? I'm not directly on that project any more, but I spent about 18 months on it at the DCA offices in London.

WideWebWitch Sat 16-Jul-05 17:46:30

LunarSea, I'll CAT you if that's ok, I'd rather not give any specific details here. Thanks!

WideWebWitch Sat 16-Jul-05 20:33:25

shameless Sat night bump!

sis Sat 16-Jul-05 20:35:50

I know nothing about (amongst other things) the DCA but wishing you good luck!

tortoiseshell Sat 16-Jul-05 22:16:13

Don't know anything at all about them, but well done on getting the 2nd interview, best of luck fo rit, will keep everything crossed!

Prufrock Sun 17-Jul-05 15:59:45

Sunday afternoon bump for you.

And (I know you won't take this the wrong way) but are you sure that being absolutely brilliantly superchargededly professional at this interview is the right technique? I mean, if they aren't the sort of place to have a washing up fairy it might be worth suspending your belief in such things for the duration of the interview.

WideWebWitch Sun 17-Jul-05 17:18:01

Thank you Prufrock, yes, I bet they don't have a washing up fairy and I bet they have the dreaded signs everywhere <sigh> will let you know how I get on!

Issymum Sun 17-Jul-05 17:19:54

Hi WWW,

If you email me (jane dot reeves @ thomson dot com) I will forward your email to a friend of mine who has worked for the DCA (as a lawyer)for yonks. I can't make any promises and I may have to pretend that I know you in real-life, but she may be able and/or willing to help you as she is a lovely person and a WOHM.

Issymum

WideWebWitch Sun 17-Jul-05 17:21:15

Oh thank you Issymum, I'll email you this minute!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now