Talk

Advanced search

Woo Hoo...I've got an interview

(14 Posts)
nutcracker Tue 12-Jul-05 18:48:17

I applied for a job as a weekend receptionist at a travel inn a couple of weeks ago and they have just rung to see if I was still interested and invited me for an interview.

I am going for the interview but there is one slight prob. The job was advertised as Sat and Sun 3pm - 10pm, but today they said they could garuntee the saturdays but not always the sundays and asked if I could work in the week.
I said I couldn't work in the week really, but they said I could still go for the interview to discuss it.

Not sure if it is worth me doing just saturdays or not. I wouldn't mind doing an eveing in the week but I couldn't do 3-10, it would have to be 6-10.

Spose I'll just have to wait and see, but i'm just a bit worried that face to face I'll end up committing to something i don't really want to do.

Yorkiegirl Tue 12-Jul-05 18:49:06

Message withdrawn

MrsGordonRamsay Tue 12-Jul-05 18:54:00

Go no interview is ever wasted.

Stick to your guns, sounds like an exsisting member of staff is trying to poach one of those shifts.

Either that or it is just a plan to get you in the door, either way stick to your guns.

MrsGordonRamsay Tue 12-Jul-05 18:54:32

Go, no interview is ever wasted. even

nutcracker Tue 12-Jul-05 18:57:48

I think i'd actually prefer Saturdays and then perhaps 2 weekday evening shifts if i could wangle that. Means I'd still have sundays free then.

Oh one other question and it's a weird one.

I bite my nails, should i go get some false ones for the interview do you think ?? I don't wanna not get it just cos my hands look awful.

MrsGordonRamsay Tue 12-Jul-05 19:01:05

They won't even notice, you won't be checking royalty in at the Savoy

nutcracker Tue 12-Jul-05 20:03:36

No i know but i did have it commented on once at an interview.

giraffeski Tue 12-Jul-05 20:04:28

Message withdrawn

emmatmg Tue 12-Jul-05 20:06:39

My friend used to bite her nails and got comments on it all the time.

I doubt yours are as bad as hers but if they look bitten the I'd get them done.

First impressions and all that.

Good luck Nutty. I bet you get it!

nutcracker Tue 12-Jul-05 20:08:08

Ta

I'd have to do them myself though and they would only be the glue on ones from Boots.

If i got the job I could get them done properly

Aimsmum Tue 12-Jul-05 20:09:29

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Tue 12-Jul-05 20:10:18

Ok thanks all, will get some tommorow.

Interview is on Friday morning

tammybear Wed 13-Jul-05 17:27:13

lol GS!

Good luck nutty!! will be thinking of you friday morning

nutcracker Wed 13-Jul-05 18:07:38

Thanks TB

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now