Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Calling Mears or any other midwife

(7 Posts)
Wills Sat 25-Jun-05 19:22:26

Hi, I'm 36 years old and am an IT Manager in an Investment Bank. I want a job that would mean more to me. Helping women through their pregnancies has been something I've been thinking about for a while now. Am I totally crazy to think at my age about re-training to be a midwife?

Donbean Sat 25-Jun-05 19:25:31

No not at all!!!!
They would snap you up, they like mature students with life experience. (sorry but you will be a MATURE student,sounds awful that doesnt it...sorry)
DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!

emmatmg Sat 25-Jun-05 19:26:58

ooooo, I really feel like I've missed my calling to do midwifery at 32(I haven't even got an A level, and only scraped my GSCES) so will watch this one with interest.

Wills Sat 25-Jun-05 19:35:24

That's hopeful. But where do I start? Any advice

WideWebWitch Sat 25-Jun-05 19:45:05

Wills, I can't help but I just wanted to say you're not too old to change career and good luck.

Nightynight Sat 25-Jun-05 20:06:24

Wills Im late 30s, also work in a trad "mens" job and also thinking about moving to a caring job!
go for it, but please keep us informed!

mears Sat 25-Jun-05 20:10:47

This link will help becoming a midwife

'Mature' students are certainly welcomed on midwifery courses. Have a read at the link and see what you think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now