Talk

Advanced search

Is there such as thing as my idea for a new job??

(7 Posts)
Flower3545 Wed 04-Nov-09 15:44:46

As some of you know Dh and I have been foster parents for many years, mostly newborn babies and I feel I am very good with little ones.

Lack of sleep has never been an issue and, as a rule I think I can cope with most aspects of caring for babies very well.

Deep breath...... I would love to work with new parents who are struggling with a baby in the early days.

Not as a nanny but more a roving sleep helper, ie they ring me, I go to them and stay with baby while they catch up on sleep/work/etc

There's no such job is there?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 04-Nov-09 16:39:24

Sounds like a temporary/emergency nanny sort of thing? I don't know how much demand there would be, but it can't hurt to find out. I guess you'd need to be CRB/Disclosure checked? Try posting again in the childminders/nannies section, you might get more response.

Flower3545 Thu 05-Nov-09 07:47:02

Thank you OLKN. I think thats part of the problem, I don't know what you'd even call what I want to do.

As foster carers we are currently CRB checked every year so that shouldn't be a problem.

I think the idea stemmed from multiple threads asking for sleep tips and cries for help from exhausted mums but I can't see where to go from just an idea.

mrsbaldwin Thu 05-Nov-09 12:58:59

A doula can be a bit like you describe!

hanaflower Thu 05-Nov-09 13:01:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lou031205 Thu 05-Nov-09 13:07:24

Generally they are known as 'Night Nannies', I think.

Flower3545 Thu 05-Nov-09 13:54:52

That sounds about right lou thank you.

I will google that and see what I can find out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now