Talk

Advanced search

NEED HELP WITH MY CV!! HOW SHOULD I WORD THE FACT IVE BEEN A SAHM FOR 4 YEARS?

(5 Posts)
happy1 Wed 15-Jun-05 14:11:32

The time has finally come for me to bite the bullet and go back to work, we are struggling too much on only one income. I've been trying all day to write my CV but I just don't know what to write about the last 4 years! I'm aiming for a catering/assistant managers job. My personal statement/profile is really causing my hassle. HELP!!!

SaintGeorge Wed 15-Jun-05 14:16:32

Haven't faced this one yet but I do have a gap on my CV from when DH was seriously ill and I looked after him.

Mine simply has the dates and the comment "Employment Break due to full time family care commitment". Short and to the point and has never caused any problems.

happy1 Wed 15-Jun-05 14:17:14

That sounds good, thanks

happy1 Wed 15-Jun-05 14:47:39

bump

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 15-Jun-05 14:56:34

I am curently writing an application for an OU tutor post. I have put words to the effect of that in everything i do I give 100% of my self, so on becoming a mother I decided to be a SAHM. This time has broadened my horizons gone on to list voluntary work, courses I have done and spoken about how to be a SAHM you need an inner drive and high motivation as the rewards are not monetary and about time management.

I suppose it all depends on what sort of job you are applying for.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: