Talk

Advanced search

If I don't hear in the next couple of hours,would it be ok to ring the employer and ask ??

(10 Posts)
MrsMorgan Fri 09-Oct-09 12:57:40

On Wednesday morning, I rang up about a job as a coffee shop assistant.
I was the first person to ring about the job (the employer told me this), and the person I spoke to explained where it was, that it is a new shop within a supermarket and said that I was ideally located.
She asked if I had any previous catering experiance and I said no, but that I did have retail experiance. She said that would be fine as full training was provided.

She then said that at this stage all they were doing was taking peoples names and numbers and that she'd be calling people back on Thursday or Friday to invite them to an interview in the store on Monday. I said this was fine, i'd be availble etc.

So, I have heard nothing since and am wondering if it would be ok to ring her back at about 2:24 and find out why ??

I can't see any reason why i'd not have been invited for interview as all I did was give my name and make entusiastic noises about the store.

If I do ring, what should I say ??

MrsMorgan Fri 09-Oct-09 12:58:31

2:45 that should read

SeveredPartOfTheHumphreysGroup Fri 09-Oct-09 13:02:53

I don't think it would hurt to ring, you will look keen! they could have mislaid your number etc.

I'd just say something like, 'hi, I wondered if you had the details about the interviews on Monday yet?'
If you are feeling very sucky you could also add 'as I'm very interested in it' but that's probably a bit OTT

The worst outcome would be that they have decided they only want catering experience people and will say you are not on the short list but I don't think you'll change their decision by ringing, either way.

good luck!

MrsMorgan Fri 09-Oct-09 13:15:49

Yes I think you are right, and I will ring if I haven't heard before I go on the school run.

Have to say, I will be quite annoyed if they have decided to only interview people with experiance, as the ad clearly states that no experiance is needed as full training given.

Oh well fingers crossed that they just haven't got round to ringing yet.

MrsMorgan Fri 09-Oct-09 14:35:25

Haven't heard, so I just rang and got her answer phone. Left a message saying why I was calling and also left my number again.

Hope they've not left early seeing as it is Friday, because the interviews are Monday, which would mean i've not got one.

So frustating.

SeveredPartOfTheHumphreysGroup Fri 09-Oct-09 14:37:29

oh sorry

that sucks. fingers crossed they get back to you, nothing else you can do now really.

MrsMorgan Fri 09-Oct-09 14:41:44

Oh well, back to the drawing board. It is just frustrating to not hear from them when they gave the impression that I would.

MrsMorgan Fri 09-Oct-09 16:39:23

Bingo !

Rang back again and they answered. I asked if they'd decided yet who would be getting an interview and she asked me if I was free on Monday morning smile

She apologised for not getting back to me but she said she has had loads of interest and on her day of yesterday had 39 missed calls.

Think I will need to keep my fingers crossed then as I it looks like there will be a lot of competition.

SeveredPartOfTheHumphreysGroup Fri 09-Oct-09 17:10:03

woohoo

of course now you've got an interview to worry about

MrsMorgan Fri 09-Oct-09 18:34:15

I'm not that worried tbh. It is the woman who I spoke to on the phone that is interviewing me and she seems really nice.

I think in the end it will come down to wether they want people who have already worked in catering or people who haven't so that they can train them up to work how they want them to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now