Talk

Advanced search

Need help about an interview tomorrow - please!

(3 Posts)
Hawkeyelisa Thu 08-Oct-09 16:47:03

Hi everyone.
I took a phone call this afternoon, offering me an interview for a job, tomorrow morning.
All good so far, the hours are 9 until 2pm and it is 10 minutes walk from my children's school.
It's an office admin job, so well within my capabilities.
However, and it's a big however, my youngest two have just started school (I have an older daughter aged 8) and I have never put them in child care (other than pre-school).
I tried to explain on the phone that I could only work schoool hours, but I was a bit taken aback by the call and I didn't manage to get across that I would want to work reduced hours in the holidays too. I think that way DH and I could cover the holidays individually.
What do I do? Ring the bloke in the morning and pull out of the interview, or go anyway and see what he has to say?
Heeellllpp!
Lisa.

Hawkeyelisa Thu 08-Oct-09 16:50:31

Sorry, I forgot to add that we have no family nearby.
I am assuming that the job will be not much more than minimum wage, so to put three with a childminder might be more than I can earn anyway....hmm

sazzerbear Thu 08-Oct-09 21:25:39

Go anyway and don't mention your "terms" until things have progressed further, if they like you you will have much more bargaining power and they may be really flexible anyway. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now